What is Social Media and it’s importance in Marketing? A lot of young entrepreneurs doesn’t know the answer to that question and even if they do, still don’t understand how it works so I decided to write something about it and educate myself, too, in the the process.
According to (http://marketing.about.com/od/strategytutorials/a/socialmediamktg.htm), “social media represents low-cost tools that are used to combine technology and social interaction with the use of words. These tools are typically internet or mobile based.” Few examples are Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest and YouTube.
Social Media extends your marketing reach towards a two-way communication between your target market and the brand. It allows people to comment, suggest or even critique a certain product
Here are 5 Important Things in Social Media that most people doesn’t know:
1. Social Media effort should be done on a daily basis to establish consistency and memory retention. If you can’t be consistent, you won’t get the results you want.
2. Social Media is not just for BIG PLAYERS in the business. Small businesses can benefit on it, too! Take advantage of the free access to people that you may have a hard time reaching in the traditional market.
3. We can use Social Media to create product identity. You can share your brand or your own personality depending on what you want your audience to feel or perceive.
4. Social media is also a way to communicate with your audience, creating relationships, loyalty and possibly more customers due to referrals and word of mouth.
5. You can not depend on Social Media alone. You have to use it together with other marketing strategies. If a certain approach doesn’t work, you can changed it and experiment on what works for your business and target market. Being innovative is also the key.
Right now, Social Media is at its peak. We can use it to our own advantage and discover more about it. After all, social media is just a tool to reach your target market. There are real people behind every computer and every profiles that we encounter.